This was a good week here in La Calera. I was able to
find a pair of shoes. The hardest part was fining some in my size.
Chileans are really small. I also bought ELder Vitores a nice pair in his
size and he is very grateful. I beat my companion several times playing
soccer in the morning.
We’ve been teaching this 78 year old man named Odilin
Valdebenito. Hes heard the missionaries before and he’s quite an
interesting fellow. He likes stuffy English and he’s reading some old
english book he found called Snobs by Thackery. He also likes to study
and read french and sometimes whenever we go over to teach him he’s watching
French operas. He’s retired but used to be a tailor and he doesnt speak
with a Chilean accent he speaks Spanish with a somewhat British fancy man
accent and uses big words in Spanish. hahaha he’s really funny. He’s read
a lot of the Book of Mormon but he hasn’t yet prayed to know if its true, we
are trying to help him with that.
Other news of this week: I’m continuing with my
distinguished career as the music director here. Luckily this time all
the hymns they chose I knew well. Right now we are going to have a
district activity. We are going to eat completos and play games.
I really liked this talk that I listened to the other day
https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/thomas-s-monson_be-a-light-to-the-world/
I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Christ died
for us.
Que se preparen para esta conferencia general y que podamos
aprender muchisimo de nuestro profeta y los apostoles.
Gracias por todo. Les
Quiero
Elder Gardner
| We found a nice restaurant and I ate un lomito aleman (German loin) with a chocolate milkshake. In this picture celestial light is coming out of the sides of my head. |
No comments:
Post a Comment