Yup its my birthday week. Im going to be turning
20 which makes me feel old. I still feel like a little boy, not at all
like a 20 year old. This week was awesome. I absolutely loved
conference. I don’t know if it was because it was so much better than all
the others or if I was just more prepared for it. I found it to be quite
intense. This time I was able to watch them all in english which is a lot
better. I loved all the talks but I especially liked the talks by Holland, Bednar,
Lawrence, and Uchtdorf. The best was probably President Monson. I am sure
everyone was praying for him at the end and that was the only way he was able
to stay standing. I think it would have been better if Viñas had given
his talk in Spanish. Holland’s talk was so good that I couldnt even take
notes. It was too intense and I’m pretty sure every missionary started
crying a little bit, even the 70 year old Elder Gibson.
That one investigator Christian that we have is a mysterious
one. We don’t know whats going on. He did come to 20 min of
conference which was good and we’ll see what happens with him this week.
There was a huge festival in Valpo where people marched all over the place with
drums and used it as an excuse to get really drunk and do other bad
stuff. It felt weird leaving the church out into such an
atmosphere. I felt kind of bad for all of them. Remember that
Righteousness is happiness.
Also President and the asistants came for interviews finally
Sunday morning. They first told us Tuesday morning that that night at 830
we would have our interview, so we canceled the lessons we had at night only to
have them call us and say 930 and then they ended up not coming. Then
they called us Friday to tell us Saturday morning. Then they called us
and told us no. Then they said maybe Sunday. They finally come Sunday
morning and the interview was good but I felt like they were just going through
the motions in order to check it off the to do list. Plus the asistentes
started eating our food. One thing I’ve learned is the importance of real
intent and listening. It can make all the difference. Pres Diaz is
awesome and he’s still getting adjusted to being a misión president. It’s
been a lot different adjusting to Pres Diaz after Pres Kahnlein.
Just to let you know I just got the package from the zone
leaders. Woohoo. Thanks. I don’t know what were going to do
today. Probably the usual and we might plan something fun for the
following pday.
I am going to download all the talks in order to listen to
them again. I love you and I am grateful for the restoration of the
góspel of Jesús Christ because not only do we have prophets and apostles, but
we have an eternal family. love you guys
and remember to be an example and a light to the world. Ya’ll know that I’ll
be doing that cause thats what I do…cause I’m a missionary.
I love you all,
Elder Gardner
No comments:
Post a Comment