The earthquakes have stopped but everyone is saying that a
9.0 or bigger is heading for Valparaiso, but im not sure if i believe
them. Its been a pretty calm week as far as natural disasters go.
Let me start off tellling yall a little story. It had been 2 weeks since
we had been able to find a new investigator. We were contacting a ton of
people and asking for references and the whole shaboodle. And we found absolutely
nobody. We were starting to get kind of unmotivated so we decided to
contact every single peron we saw in the street and fast. SO thursday,
friday and Saturday we hardly taught lessons and we just talked to
everyone...and let me tell you there are some crazy people here. There
were a lot of people that we were on drugs and drunk and there was one crazy
guy that lets just saay had the body language of an ork and tried to peak
english with me and they he just started staring at me really weird and then
just walked away. That was kind of creepy. We couldnt find anyone.
One day we were walking down this hill and I
was walking in front of my companion when all of a sudden a dog flies out of
nowhere rips the jacket that my companion had in his arms and then started
trying to eat Elder Rupert. He was using his bag as a shield and luckily
the owner was close by and came running over. MY companion starts kicking the
dog and i start winding up to dropkick it. I was in full attack mode and
i charged at the dog but the owner was able to grab the dog first. The
owner felt really bad but it we lived. My companion only suffered damage
to his little bag. I really wanted to kick that little guy. I've
learned to really not like dogs.
So back to my first story....We were trying
really hard and we were able to contact this one cool guy and give him a book
of Mormon and we had a lesson set up for Saturday afternoon. We prayed a
lot so that we would be there and be receptive. We started fasting after lunch
Saturday so that we would be able to find someone that could be baptized
soon. Then at 5 we stopped by Cristian. He was a 20 year old single dad
with a 3 year old son. We had started reading the book of mormon and he
loved our message about the gospel of Jesus Christ and accepted an invitation
to be baptized the 11th. We then hoped he would come to church the next
day. He arrived about 15 minutes early (which is unheard of here) He
stayed for the 3 hours he loved it. The members did an awesome job and he
made a bunch of friends and hes even going to go and help the Elders Quorum
clean the church next week. It was a pretty awesome miracle. That
fast was also super hard. After church we were walking back to the
apartment to end the fast at about 2 in the afternoon. We were so low on
energy we almost didn't make it up the hill to our apartment.but it was
definitely worth it.
In the mission I have been able to receive a
testimony of the power of the fast. I'm so glad I have because I have been
able to be receive blessings and increase my faith. I know that Christ
lives and loves us and I'm so grateful for my mission and all the things I've been able to learn and change here. I love you guys and I hope you have a
good week!
Elder Gardner
No comments:
Post a Comment