This week was crazy to say the least. Early tuesday
morning we woke up at 5 to a lightning storm and thunder and everything.
I was the first time my companion saw a storm with thunder and lightning and he
was freaking out.hahah it was funny but itwas nothing compared to the
monsoons. IT continued raining and we did service in the rain tuesday
morning. There was a lot of rain in the north of Chile and its all
flooded now. Wednesday it continued to rain. Elder Nizama and I
stayed here in Cabildo together but the put Elders in the sector where there
were sister missionaries and so our district is nothing but Elders. The 2
new Elders are from Arizona. Elder Brown who just finished being the AP
is from Gilbert and went to Perry High and his companion is from Florence.
Thursay during studies we got a call that a house of
one of the members was on fire and we changed, called the zone leaders for
permision to leave and went over to help and arrived only a little after the
firefighters (Bomberos) and before the police (Carabineros). Our response
time is unprecedented.
It was the house of a member whose husband was
just returning to the church and the sunday before he attended church for the
first time and days later his house caught on fire. It wasnt that bad
only a wall and a couple chairs got burned. A ton of members came and
helped them out. And he attended church yesterday which is great.
Thursday I taught an english class to a man that owns the 2 biggest liquor
stores in Cabildo. He was really nice and cool and we gave him a book of
mormon at the end.
Friday we had a district meeting and not much
happened and saturday too.
Sunday again was a fight...like always. It al
has to do with our branch mission leader. After church we had a Branch
council meeting and all went well until we left to go to a lesson and
apparently afterwards he started fighting everyone and accusing us and
everyone, and it al resulted in him resigning 8or trying to resign I dont know
whats going on really) from his calling. and yeah..that was my
week. Im excited for general conference. I dont know exactly what
were going to do. I want to go to Quillota because thats where we usually
go (the stake center) and theres a room for all the gringos in english but I
dont know. Its crazy that its already April. I fixed my bed its a
lot better but I took a picture for you guys before I fixed it.
Thanks for everything, I know the church is
true and I love you guys
Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Gardner

No comments:
Post a Comment