I didnt get transfered wednesday. I am still in
OHiggins with Elder Rupert who will be finishing his misión this change.
Im still here in good ole Valpo. An interesting about Valpo is that there
are a ton of Street performers. In every intersection there are jugglers
and on the buses people get on and sing and play the guitar or rap. Its
quite entertaining.
Jennifer was really happy that I stayed and she
asked me to confirm her yesterday which is always a neat experience.
Theyre still doing very well.
Other news this week was that we founf some
people carrying pieces of Wood into their propertyy so we offered to
help. We didnt know how much they really had to carry. We carried a
whole house into the backyard. They are going to build another house for
a family member behimnd their house so they bought all the walls and doors and
roof and everything and we carried it for them. It was a lot and it was
heavy. We were able to teach them afterwards and they were very
grateful.
I also forgot to tell you a funny thing that
happened to me last week. So on Thanksgiving day (which is not a holiday
here) we were eatring lunch with a member nad we ate chicken with mashed
potatos. We were eating outside because her husband wasnt home. She
put thew plate in front of me and went to go look for something inside and as
son as she was out of sight a bird pooped right on my mashed potatos. I
scooped it out ate the rest of the meal like a true thankful man.
Also the other day they gave us a ton of food
and I couldnt finish it, and there is an unwriten rule where you have to eat
all the food they give you. My companion helped me out a Little and I was
able to hide the remaining piece of meat in my pocket wihtout anyone noticing.
Those were the weird stories of this week.
I love you guys and I hope you have a good
week. Yo se que El Vive y que es nuestro Salvador! pórtense bien
Elder Gardner
Bro. and Sis. Reynolds saw Colin in Valparaiso and then saw us 2 weeks later in Arizona
|
No comments:
Post a Comment