Monday, July 27, 2015

I'M ALIVE!

I’m doing a lot better now.  I was sick til about Tuesday but the mission nurse gave me permision to take an hour and a half nap after lunch and I had to go to bed an hour early.  That was fun.  As far as things are going in Cabildo we had to reschedule the baptism of Ivan to Tuesday.  So tomorrow at 7 he will be baptized.  
   
Nothing too exciting happened this week.  It was just usually work.  Saturday we taught a guitar class.  Its been a long time since I’ve played the guitar, but I still managed to strum a few beautiful tunes.  Afterwards there was an activity and they made picarrones.  They forgot about the last batch and they started to burn and the church filled with smoke.  Sunday we had 3 investigators come to church.  Ivan, Miguel (the husband of hermana medel) and Josefa.  It was a good day of church.  There were no fights.  
   
We’ve been having a hard time finding Amanda and teaching her and she hasn’t gone to church in almost 2 months now so lets see what happens this week with her.  
   
Right now we are currently in viña cause we had to go take care of Elder Pinillos visa.  I just saw Austin Webster and we talked for a little bit.  We are going to go eat at a place called Guaton.  They’ve got huge hamburgers...like man vs food sized.  We have cambios this week and lets see if I go or if I stay another 6 weeks.  I’ve been in Cabildo for 6 months already so lets see if I go or if I have to keep on fighting the good fight in Cabildo. 

Sounds like you guys are having a good summer without me.  Every public school in Chile has been on strike for over 2 months now.  SO they’ve had a nice winter vacation.  Everyone is upset about this cause they might all have to be held back a year.  They also have to wear school uniforms here too so don’t complain about school over there hahaha.   Have a good week.  I love you guys and have a good week!!

Elder Gardner


ps theres a smelly man next to me singing 



No comments:

Post a Comment