Hola
Como le ha ido?
This week we had 3 baptismal services and it was
crazy. Wednesday we baptized Hector and he was like a little kid all
smiling afterwards. Then Saturday the family Cornejo. I baptized
the daughter Catalina and Sunday during sacrament meeting I confirmed her and
gave her the holy ghost that was really awesome. They were a ton of people
that came and brought food and Hma and Elder Schramm (a couple that used to be
in our district before they left for viña) came and brought a bunch of
food. They are the probably the greatest family in Chile and I love their
little 2 year old Maxi. Hes really funny. They are the first full
family to be baptized in this Branch in I don't know how long. At least 2
or 3 years. They are planning on going to the temple in a year and the
only time President gives permission to go to the temple is with our converts
for the first time, so I hope I am able to go with them in a year.
Marcos is really funny (especially is laugh
which is more like a giggle) and hes kinda shy and gets super nervous
when he has to give the prayer at church. They love to feed us completos
so that's awesome.
And Sunday after church we baptized Oscar and
Diogo. I baptized Oscar and Sunday I will confirm him. Their
families came to support them and it was really nice. Its very very rare
to have this many baptisms so we are really grateful. Most people have
this many in a year and we had 6 in a week. It was crazy.
I'll attach a bunch of pictures to this email.
I had intercambios with the other Elder in our
ward Elder Duran who is from Santiago. At night we stopped by some
hamburger spot and got this super good hamburgers.
My health is a lot better and yeah they do use
sunscreen here and I have been using it and it does help a little bit.
The weird thing is that my face turns really red whenever I eat and then 30 min
after lunch it goes back to normal. We've been trying to figure out what
it is but we have no idea.
I tried to pull money out of account the other
day and it didn't work. So can you please get that figured out with the
bank please. Yes I am able to see all the pictures that you send
me. I have another suggestion for Christmas so I hope its not too late,
and the package just needs to arrive here a little bit before the 10th of
December. So if it gets here by the first couple days of December that's
perfect. I would like a little MP3 player stuffed with music. We are
allowed to listen to all church hymns, church music, and anything that would be
appropriate for sacrament meeting and also Classical music. Plus a speaker
thing for it. I really miss music and I would love a bunch of classical
music especially classical guitar music, and stuff like that. I hope
that's not too much to ask for. And when I say stuff it, I mean stuff it!
You can use your judgement (i think Jeremy could be of some use hear haha) for
what is good I trust you guys but some requests are this one guy I forget his
name I think its yirum or something like that. I also heard there is a
version of in dreams from lord of the rings by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
I don't know if that's true or not but BUSQUELO!
And Reeses.... a lot of Reeses.
Chileans all wish they were American so they have a bunch of
stuff from america here so i can find pretty much anything here. And to
celebrate next pday were going to get a ton of ice cream and cookies. eat it
get fat and then sleep.
Thank you guys so much I love you guys and miss
you guys. I know the church is true and i know that families can be
together forever. I love you guys
Ciao Ciao
Elder Gardner
No comments:
Post a Comment