Hello everyone
This week was awesome with general conference. There
was a room in the stake center where all the gringos gathered and we got to
watch it english it was awesome. It was so cool how the had the people
speak in their native tongues. Especailly that one cantanese guy. During
the spanish talks we ran into the back of the chapel and listened to the
spanish ones. That was awesome! My favorite talk was the one by the
German guy, Klebingat I think was his name. I also really liked all of
Uchtdorfs, Monsons and Eyrings. To be honest I liked them all.
Unfortunately none of our investigators came besides one, but he doesnt live in
our sector so he doesnt really count... The other elders in our ward
baptized a family in between the 2 sunday conference sessions.
Im gonna tell you a little bit more about my
area. There are like 3 different areas. The top of the hill
are where the evil dogs and druggies linger. There are a many houses that
have dirt floors and look like they are about to fall down. More down the
hill (where our house is) is a little more nicer. It looks kinda trashy
and there are some dirt roads. As you get closer to the city plaza it gets
nicer and nicer and its pretty nice down there. Now let me tell you a
little anecdote... One day I was walking down a street a little more up the
hill than our hose and I hear a loud engine roaring and I thought it was just
some beat up car with an upgraded exhaist and then all of a sudden I see this
crazy nice red Ferrari fly past me and almost hit me and I was like
"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" It was so unexpected. It was so
diabolical.
Things are going good here and I am
healthy and still alive. This was a good week and the end of the cambio
is wednesday so I could get transferred or get a new companion wednesday.
Ill let you know next week...when Im officially 19! What what.
Today someone in the ward is going to teach us
how to make Chilean bread, and I think for my bday Im going to get a little ice
cream or cake thing from the pateleria thats not to far from our house. I
really dont want much for my birthday but thanks to everyone who wrote me or
gave me money for my bday! Love you guys!!!
We get packages whenever we have zone
conferences but if we have a transfer theres a chance I could get it this
wednesday but if not then next wednesday. Thanks for sending me that!
I know that President Thomas S Monson is a
prophet of God and so are all the apostles. I know the Book of Mormon is
true and just like they said yesterday in conference that obedience really is
freedom. I hope you guys are doing well and I love you guys and I miss
you guys!!!!!
Ciao Ciao!!!
Love
Elder Gardner
heres pictures from the last zone conference with president
theres more pictures on the blog





No comments:
Post a Comment