Monday, October 13, 2014

HOLA FROM LOS VILOS

Hola
  
I got transferred Wednesday up to Los Vilos.  It was a 3 hour bus ride north and its pretty awesome here.  The ocean is really close and we are surrounded by mountains, fields, and the ocean.  Its a lot more tranquil here and the dogs arent evil here which is good.
   
My companion is Elder Recinos.  Hes a good missionary but sometimes it feels like I’m training him instead of the other way around but he’s pretty awesome.  He’s from Los Angeles, 24 years old, born and raised in Compton and used to be an amatuer UFC fighter.  He's kind of a thug but he’s really cool and is a good missionary.  
   
As far as my birthday went....I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM. that was pretty sweet. His name is Jaime, his family was baptized almost a year ago and he finally decided to be baptized.  I don’t really know him that well but we have a lesson with him tonight.  We also are teaching this other family that’s really good and they’re going to get baptized this month.  There are another group of elders that live really close and one of them is the district leader from Peru, Elder Morales.   I had intercambios with him the other day and he’s really obedient and awesome.  We eat lunch with them and a member everyday.  
   
Also for my bday before I left Villa Alemana I bought a big thing of ice cream and ate it.  It was diabolical, and I now know how to make Chilean bread.  I’ll make you guys some when I come home.  I’m not gonna lie, I really miss In n Out but the other day I had this really really good burger.  They like burgers and fries here a lot.  I have french fries with almost every meal.  
   
Tomorrow morning I have a zone conference and I will finally get my package then!! WOOHOO.  I’m excited.  My spanish has improved so much this last week its awesome!  I miss you guys and I love you guys

Ciao Ciao!

Love 
Elder Gardner


here's pictures of the baptism our pet dogs in my last sector





No comments:

Post a Comment