Monday, April 18, 2016

POURING RAIN, BAPTISMS, AND MORE EARTHQUAKES

Another week another adventure.  So yesterday Cristina Peñaloza got baptized.  There was stake conference yesterday and she was baptized afterwards in the stake center but as usual there were problems.  Our bishop was supposed to baptize her but he didnt bother to show up to the stake conference or baptism.  Also our ward mission leader didnt come, our first counseler didnt show up cause hes mad at the stake president, our elders quorum president didn’t show or go to the confernce and I dont know why, our relief society president is inactive, and that pretty much sums up the ward.  Luckily the good old sunday school president was there and one recent convert named Enrique as well as the Peñalozas.  So long story short the bishop didnt show up and so I had to baptize Cristina but I didnt have any baptismal clothes so I sprinted with one of the zone leaders to his house and borrowed his pants even though they were a little small and we were able to perform the baptism.  Alls well that ends well.
  
It has rained a ton this week and I may or may not have left my umbrella in Valparaiso, but I had a jacket so I survived.  There were also a lot of earthquakes this week here. Last night at 4 there was a really strong one but only lasted about 5 seconds so it didn’t do any damage but it woke us up and there was another fairly strong one during studies in the morning.  I also heard that there was one in Japan recently and a big one in Ecuador the other day.  It was in northern Ecuador so it wasnt too bad in where my companion lives but his family is well. 
  
There are changes this Wednesday so we’ll see what happens.  Estoy muy agradecido por ustedes, mis padres,  y por sus ejemplos.  Yo se que Cristo vive y que Jose Smoth fue un profeta.  Yo se que podemos ser perdonados a medida que nos arrepintamos y perdonemos a los demas.  Les quiero 


con amor
Elder Gardner

Here is the baptism and the sketchy bridge I cross every day



No comments:

Post a Comment