Monday, June 22, 2015

A RATHER UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS

I can with surety say that this week has been the craziest week of the mission so far. There were cambios this week but I didn't leave.  Elder Stayner left the area and I have received a new companion here in Cabildo.  I found out that things have gotten even worse in Los Vilos and that all my converts over there have already gone inactive. That was really sad to hear.

Monday we made sushi, which was super good.  I ate a lot and i'll send some pictures if the computer allows me to.  Tuesday was a normal day of work.  Wednesday they called us in the morning and I thought I was leaving but I ended up staying but we had to go to Viña and I spent all day in a bus which was fun.  
   
My new companion is from Lima Peru, my 3rd peruvian.  His name is Elder Pinillos.  He is cool and funny and we get a lot great.  He plays guitar and was a singer in a hard rock/metal band before his mission haha.  We might start to teach a guitar class Saturdays which will be awesome.  He only has 3 months left in his mission.  
  
Thursday we ate lunch with Presidente Garcia, the branch president of Cabildo that lives in the middle of Timbuktu.  We got stranded in a very small town called La Vega for a little bit waiting for a bus.
   
Friday we had intercambios which was fun.  In Chile right now la copa americ which is a giant soccer tournament in south america nd so whenver there is a game the town shuts down and we walk in circles.  
   
Saturday morning during studies we started hearing a funny noise.  I went down to see what it was and it turns out our water pipe under our sink burst and our house started to flood.  We shut the water off and then that night Alvaro came over to help us and he fixed the pipe but then the other one burst and so we had to shut the water off....and we still don't have water.  We've been absolutely waterless for 3 days.  This morning we had to "shower" in the church bathroom.  We used the sink to wash our hair and feet and shave.  We have to pee in the backyard because we have no other option. Hopefully we get that problem taken care of quickly.  
   
But there is good news... Saturday morning after the catastrophe we decided to go knock doors.  I felt like we should head to this neighborhood far from our house and so we knocked on about 10 doors with no success.  Then we knocked on this mans door named Ivan.  He came out said that he was busy but we talked for a little bit and we invited him to church and then we completely forgot about him amidst the confusion and madness of what was taking place in our little house. Then Sunday we were talking with the the secretary when someone entered in the office and said that there was a man looking for us.  We walked out and there was Ivan wearing a pair of ankle weights.  He said he wasn't really sure why he came but he felt like he needed to come and he also stayed all 3 hours.  That was a nice miracle that happened after a hectic week.  
   
It was a crazy week.  Thank you so much for everything guys.  Thank you for your emails and your support.  I love you and hope you have a good week.

Love
Elder Gardner



No comments:

Post a Comment