Monday, February 23, 2015

HOLA

Hey all you people, hey all you people wont you listen to me....

This week was good.  We made it back to Cabildo last monday at about 9:00 at night, but it was kind of fun running around viña all day.  Last tuesday I went to La Ligua for an intercambio with Elder Almonzor.  It was a good day, I honestly dont remember what happened that day.  The next morning we went to the registro civil to try and get my visa done but they said that I needed the original copy from the PDI which the secretary of the mission had in viña... Soooo, I called the secretary and fortunately there was a meeting in viña with all the district leaders and asked them to give him the paper and this morning I was able to get it all done in La Ligua (which is where I currently am.  Today was the last day to get it done or I was going to have to pay a 60000 pesos fine and be illegal.  But in the true Colin Gardner fashion I pulled it off in the last minute.  I feel a lot less stressed and I am very grateful that everything worked out.  
     
Nothing too eventful happened.  Friday we had another intercambio with the zone leaders.  I went to a town called Quillota with an Elder from Paraguay named Elder Martinez.  It was really fun.  It turns out he knows Chandler Love who is Carson Loves older brother.  hahah small world.  Yesterday I gave a 10 min talk in church about the book of Mormon and it was really good.  
     
The branch here is having problems too. Our branch mission leader is going inactive and hasnt gone to church for 3 or 4 weeks now and he doesn help us at all.  The Branch President here needs help.  He told a less active member that we working with taht in a couple months he is going to ordain him to the office of a teacher but this person is isnt married and is living with his companion.  The President also had this man do other preisthood ordinances...ugh.   I guess now I have to deal with the apostasy in the branch here now... this is going to be fun.  
    
We have one investigator thats all ready for baptism and will be baptized the 8th of March.  Her name is Hilda.  
    
MY companion is obedient and kind.  Cabildo is very similar to Los Vilos but a little bit nicer.  ITs pretty hot here and ther are hills we have to climb so thats fun.  It does remind me a lot of Arizona and the landscape around Saguaro Lake.  
    
Next PDAY I am going to write letters for the first time so you have to make requests and give me addresses if you want one....and I might just send you one.

I love you guys and I miss you guys!  Have a good week!

Elder Gardner

  
Elder Ramirez and Elder Duran the morning that I left Los ViIlos

Momita, Ada Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment