Hola from Vina del Mar
This week was probably the craziest of them all. I am
currently writing you from the center of vina but that's not my sector Ill tell
you exactly what went on later on. Monday we played soccer with anb
investigator in the church. That was fun. Tuesday we had a
conference in Illapel and we had to wake up at 6 and take a bus to make it in
time over there, The conference was really good. We watched a
really good devotional about doing the things for the right reason. I
forget who it was by but it was really good. Tuesday night I got the call
that I was leaving the next day. I had to wake up at 6 and go over and
pack and get ready to go and carry all my bags about 5 km up hill to the bus
station cause we couldn't find anyone to give us a ride. I got on the bus
for 4 hours and headed to vina for the change meeting.
I got assigned to
Cabildo which is just a little south of Los VIlos so I had to take another bus
for over 3 hours north to my sector. We were supposed to have a baptism Friday
but Thursday, the day before, she changed her mind and backed out of it and Wednesday
shes moving back to Venezuela. Friday we had intercambios with the Elders
in La Ligua which is a town a little under an hour north of us. That was
pretty fun LaLigua is super nice. Saturday and Sunday were pretty normal
we worked but it was hard to find people because of Valentines day.
This
morning we had to wake up at 6 again to head down to Vina to try to do my Visa
because if I don't get it done I'm illegal here in a week. So we left early
got here, had to first try and find the PDI, which is the Chilean version of
the FBI, and then head over the the registro civil. We finally did that
and waited in line for almost 2 hours with another missionary from Gilbert
Arizona that lives on Elliott and Val Vista, named Elder Mcelhaney. After
two hours in line they told me that I needed a photocopy of my passport.
WE left to go try to find a place that makes photocopies and when we returned
the place was closed. WE then had to trek across vina again to the office
of the mission to give them my passport and tomorrow I have to go to la ligua
to finish it there. I'm very stressed. Luckily my companion is
really cool and was very patient. I was very patient too but on the
inside I wanted to explode. We still have to take the 3 hour bus ride
north again today.
My companion is from Peru, hes fresh out
of his training and hes a really good kid. My sector is about 4 times the
size of my last one and the landscape here looks exactly like Arizona.
The town kind of reminds me of a south american version of Flagstaff. Im
doing good right now, lets hope nothing else crazy happens this week.
hahah Hma Ada was the best. She would randomly use English words
when talking with me.
I love you guys and hope you guys have a good
week!!!!!
Elder Gardner
No comments:
Post a Comment