Its been a crazy week and i feel like ive already been here
for like a month. We got here and we drove from Santiago to Valapraiso.
The president dropped us off at the clock and then gave us an adress and a book
of Mormon. He set up a native with a gringo and then we had to get a
contact, hand out a book of mormon and then find our way to the mision casa
which was over a mile away so that was pretty fun. The city where the
mision home is in is really nice it reminds me of a south american version of
San Francisco.
I am currently living in the ghetto of
Villa Alemana in Chile. Half of my sector is decent and the homes remind
me of cozy little hobbit homes with door handles in the middle of the
door. The other half is shacks and houses that dont look very safe
to live in. My trainer is Elder Draney from UTah, hes really cool
and nice, Hes been out for 7 months, hes had struggles with the language
and his spanish isnt perfect but we get by just fine.
Everyone in the ward makes fun of us for being two gringos in
Chile that dont know Spanish. There are dogs everywhere and sometimes
they have all out brawls in the middle of the street and its
crazy. For the most part the people here are really nice.
The first day I couldnt understand a
word that someone was saying to me cause they speak so fast here.
Its insane. what really helps is that they use handgestures so much when
they talk. Its even worse than Italians. This one weird guy
was talking to us so fast and with so many hand gestures he looked and sounded
like a transformer transforming. I am now starting to understand
pretty much everything that people are saying now which is good.
This area is really hard cause we dont really
have any investigators making much progress. My companion came here
and whitewashed it last transfer and they haveny had a baptism here for quite
sometime. We only actually get to teach 1 in 4 lessons that we set up
cause Chileans are really lazy and dont like talking to us or
opening the door.
My favorite investigator of ours is an old man
named Gabriel Rivera. He knows a little english and tries to talk to us
which is funny. We had a really awesome lesson with him. Ive
already taught like 10ish lessons.
Here they dont say adios they say Ciao,
which is cool I guess. We leave in a small little house nicknamed la
dulce casita. I sleep on a little mattress on hte ground and
we have no heater here so its really cold. I feel like Buddy the Elf
whiles hes the north pole here. Im too big for everything. I almost
hit my head on every doorway and our showerhead(which is broken so only a
single streaqm comes out) only goes up to my shoulder. haha. Chile is
chilly! Its been really cold but its starting to warmup.
During a meal with some members they gave us
dessert which was a peach that was with some juice and oats and it wasnt that
good but I was eating to be polite and I thought I saw a hair in my peach and I
grabbed it to pull it out and it was actually a spiders leg. I pulled a spider
the size of my thunb out of my peach and I didnt want to make them feel bad so
I crushed it in my napkin took another bite and pretended to be full. So
that was pretty fun.
You greet all men here with a
handshake double bat pack bro hug and then handshake combination.
Thats jsut what everyone does here. I walk like 10 miles a day
here up and down these crazy hills that remind me of the hill from
football camp. My calves are getting jacked. I love you guys
and I miss you guys. My thoughts are really scattered in this email so
sorry about that but I know the church and book of mormon is true! Love
you guys
Love






No comments:
Post a Comment