Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola todos,

This week has flown by.  I have recovered from my illness and I am no longer delirious but I did get a sinus infection but it is not impeding my domination of others on the cancha y campo.  Everyone has to get another haircut the last pday so I am bald once again.  The weather has been quite lugubrious this week.  I taught everyone in my district that word and the one thing I dont like about spanish is that it doesnt have huge awesome words like that.  There is the loudest thunder in the world here it sounds like atom bombs and itll rattle your bed at night and make you cry.  And its very frequent its crazy but I love it.
    
 Im the only that hasnt spent all the pesos that they gave us cause Im a frugal little boy.  Im going to splurge and by splurge probably just buy some toothepaste and some bueno bars.  I got my itenerary and our flight leaves at 1155 monday night.  And its an 8 1/2 hour So thatll be fun.  Theres rumors that we miht get to call you for a second but i dont know... rumors run rampant  around here.  Apparently last week Stave Nash shot Kobe in the leg.  
   
Dad I actually do know that Jared Cannon kid.  Hes pretty cool he was wearing a hamilton shirt and we talked for a while and we talked about how we both dont like qualen cunningham.  I know he plays rugby and went to Hamilton did not know you were his dads boss.  
   
We play soccer everyday now with this other district thats really cool and thats where I was given the moniker the Venitian Hammer.  They call me funky beats fresh master cause I always tap on the desk and make funky beats and Im really good at it so yeah...
    
The funniest thing is when the latinos try to say Gardner.  They cannot handle the three consonants in a row.  It almost kills them.  They literally explode.  All the mexicans say that the Chileans speak so fast that they cant even understand them so the first couple months will be fun in Chile.  I am most excited to start eating real food and to not be sitting in a class all day.  I am going to miss though my district especially Elder Ammarait and Ashcraft.  and also the devotionals.  On sunday we watched a devotional by  Elder Holland about missionary work and it was awesome and later that night we watched the Joseph Smith restauration video and Ill admit these blue stone cold emotionless eyes shed a few tears.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet.  Im excited to leave and I only have a few days left its gonna be awesome.  Heres a picture of the GIlbert crew.  Me Mclane and Ryan. Also Taylor Fish and Kaden Fulmore are here now and I see them everyday.  And heres also a picture of this crazy moth called Mothra thats the size of my head that attacked us as soon as we opened the door this morning and tried to eat our faces off.  I really miss the guitar and carpet.  Havent seen carpet in months and I miss it.  

I love you guys and miss you guys.  Also shout out to Oneil Filloon and Nate Mclaws for being the only ones that consistently write me.  Next time I talk to you guys Ill be in Chile Woohoo!!

Love

Elder Gardner

The 3 Gilbert Amigos ... Elder Gardner, Elder Marshall and Elder Edwards


Mothra of Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment